My Life Charger...

Monday, December 05, 2005

What's in You?

Often times, we'll come across meaningful article presented the some same good concept but in a special ways. Most of the time, good ideas come to go the moment we read the article. We seems to be forgetful most of the time. Unless the one article really hit us hard deep in our heart, and create the resonance effect in our memory, then it will stay with us forever.

The following article by Jon Gordon presents a very good concept in a very different way (at least to me it is). I have come across the same concept quite a number of times, and currently practicing it, and the way Jon present the concept has made me realize more. It's all about the journey on our quest on our on life. Somethings always changing, and something doesn't. It's all depends on ourselves.

********************************************

When You Feel Squeezed Like a Nut

When you squeeze a peanut, peanut oil comes out of it. Olive oil won’t come out of a peanut nor will vegetable oil. Whatever is on the inside is what will come out when something is squeezed and pressed.

The same rule applies to us. In the course of our daily busy lives when we are being pressed for time and energy and squeezed by deadlines and demands the question is, “What is coming out of us?” Is it anger, fear, negativity or trust, patience, joy and love? The answer will determine what is inside you.

When we feel pressed and squeezed we often feel like it’s the squeezing that causes us to feel negative and stressed but like the peanut, fear and stress and negativity can only be squeezed from us if it is inside us. Negativity can’t be squeezed from you if it is not cultivated inside you.

I know this very well. A number of years ago I literally felt like a nut being squeezed between two vices. Each day the stress and pressure grew stronger and what was coming out of me wasn’t good. My life was filled with anger, fear, hopelessness and negativity.

After several life changing experiences, I realized that there will always be pressure in life. I will always be squeezed. But instead of blaming others and external events for my situation I needed to focus on changing what was inside me. I needed to let go of the negative and fill up with the positive so no matter how hard I was squeezed and pressed the only thing that would come out would be positive energy. This would be the way to overcome life’s pressures and change my life.

In this spirit, I invite you to join me in cultivating positive energy within. You’ll find that when you let go of the negativity and fill up with positive energy you not only change what’s on the inside but you also change the energy you project and attract on the outside. So the next time you feel squeezed like a nut, make the choice to laugh, sing, smile, dance, play, breathe, or pray and please know that I’m sending positive energy your way.

- Jon

********************************************

3 Comments:

  • If nuts oil only comes out from nuts and olive oil only comes out from olives, why put a nut into an olive oil squeezer? The nut shall find itself a place in the nut oil squeezer so that everybody gets what they want happiliy :).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 PM  

  • Haha... i din't see there is any nut putting into an olive oil squeezer. And why would anyone do that? Or perhaps, they din't realize a nut is a nut and not a olives. Hhmm... so are you in the right squeezer?

    By Blogger mikanico, at 5:20 PM  

  • Well, i think if someone is in the right squeezer than they won't feel the pressure loh. Hmm..I think i even not in a squeezer :P.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home