My Life Charger...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bruce Lee’s Letter on Goal Setting

Bruce Lee, arguably the greatest martial artist to have ever lived, also understood the power of declaring a goal. If you ever get a chance to visit Planet Hollywood in New York City, look for the letter hanging on the wall that Bruce Lee wrote to himself. It is dated January 9, 1970, and it is stamped “Secret.” Bruce wrote, “By 1980 I will be the best known Oriental movie star in the United States and will have secured $10 million dollars… And in return I will give the very best acting I could possibly give every single time I am in front of the camera and I will live in peace and harmony.”

Bruce made three films, and then in 1973 filmed Enter the Dragon, which was released the same year after his untimely death at age 33. The movie was a huge success and achieved worldwide fame for Bruce Lee. And, of course the spirit and wisdom of martial art has spread through him to benefit us today.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home