My Life Charger...

Thursday, October 13, 2005

High Emotion, Low Intelligence

Yesterday, when i was driving home, a car driver horned me for continuing going straight while he wanted turn right through my lane. Just wondering what is going on in his mind and got a bit angry after that.

Then I started to think calm myself down as I know angry at him is unecessary, and life just move on. Perhaps the traffic jam, and driving behavior here has made driver on the road very easy to get angry whenever something out of expectation happened. When we started to get angry, it's very easy for us to act stupidly like overcut the car, or horn continuously to show the unsatisfaction.

I remember in one seminar by Robert Kiyosaki that cover Sales, he mentioned when we are emotional, the more emotional we are the lower our intelligence will become. What a simple and make sense concept. But we seldom realize the truth or simply we just cannot control it when it's getting emotional.

In another seminar, one speaker told us that, we actually can control it, but just that whether we made a decision and tell ourselves to control it. He has used a very good example, he said while he acted "When a stranger walk towards you, and accidentally step on your foot, and you just being scold by your boss for not performing up to his standard. With no doubt, most of us will shouted at the stranger to express our unsatisfaction."

Then he asked again, "What if that stranger is a really pretty and sweet lady? Do you as angry or do u show as loudly? Of course not! So can you control your emotion?" I smiled with agreement. He continued, "The question is how long we want to be angry, and how angry we wanted to be."

I totally agree with him. One would say that's really hard to control. I agree but it takes pratices. We just need to divert our focus. Instead of keep playing the video in our mind and make us more and more angry. Perhaps we can think of something great and happy in our life, and keep playing it in our mind until the angry video is replaced. I found out, that's how our subconscious mind work as it cannot differentiate what is real and imaginative images. As long as happy images replace the angry images. We'll feel better....

What do u think? Try out and let me know if you will.... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home