My Life Charger...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Feel the Fear and Do it anyway

Yesterday, I went through a blood bath with my trading all showing red. This signals my wrong entry point even I’m confidence that my long term view must be right. However, the feeling of going negative even in paper loss is not a comfortable feeling. Sometimes, the longer view will be over-covered by the short term danger. Even, in my dream I can see my portfolio going south proving me my wrong decision making. (Why is it not the other way round?) This is definitely the beginning of roller coaster ride to the end of another gold pot. Where I know I won’t die of riding, however, it just not a good feeling when I have to go through the sharp slope going downwards for this second time. Perhaps, I just have to ride more to train my body to overcome the FEAR.

Then I grabbed a book by Jack Canfield on The Successful Principles and Read the 15 Chapter: Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway to make myself feel better.

******************

We come this way but once. We can either tiptoe through life and hope that we get to death without being too badly bruised or we can live a full, complete life achieving our goals and realizing our wildest dreams. –Bob Proctor.

As we move forward on our journey from where we are to where we want to be, we are going to have to confront our fears. Fear is natural. Whenever you start a new project, take on a new venture, or put yourself our there, there is usually fear. Unfortunately, most people let fear stop them from taking the necessary steps to achieve their dreams. Successful people, on the other hand, feel the fear along with the rest of us but didn’t let it keep them from doing anything they want to do—or have to do. They understand that fear is something to be acknowledge, experienced, and taken along for the ride. They have learned, as author Susan Jeffers suggests, to feel the fear and do it anyway.


Where are we so Fearful?

Millions of years ago, fear was our body’s way of signaling us that we were out of our comfort zone. It alerted us to possible danger, and gave us the burst of adrenaline we needed to run away. Unfortunately, though this response was useful in the days when saber-toothed tigers were chasing us, today most of our threats are not all that life-threatening.

Today, fear is more of a signal that we must stay alert and cautious. We can feel fear, but we can still move forward anyway. Think of your fear as a 2-year-old child who doesn’t want to go grocery shopping with you. You wouldn’t let a 2-year-old’s mentality run your life. Because you must buy groceries, you’ll just have to take the 2-year-old along with you. Fear is no different. In other words, acknowledge that fear exists but don’t let it keep you from doing important tasks.

******************

1 Comments:

  • Yup, fear is to be conquered. The more you run, the stronger it gets.

    By Blogger JARJAR, at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home