My Life Charger...

Sunday, October 02, 2005

No Stupid person, Only Stupid State

It is the mind that maketh good or ill,
That maketh wretch or happy, rich or poor”
- Edmund Spenser

Today, my uncle and aunt come and pay us a visit together with my cousin. During the conversation, my auntie keep complaining to my mum that my cousin who is studying in primary keep failing the subject Math in school.

Then, I recall a lesson that is taught by Dr. Wong in a seminar about psychological state. He always mentions there is no stupid person, only stupid state. A person is stupid because he is in a stupid state. If one can give him encouragement and help him to build up the confidence, he’ll be out of the stupid state and no longer being stupid.

When I was a kid, it is a norm that parent keep telling their kids they are stupid whenever they do something wrong in Malaysia Chinese Culture. After I understand that how the subconscious works, I started to understand why some of my cousins can never get out of the stupid state. When their parent keep telling them they are stupid, through repetition, they will accept the statement, and since the subconscious cannot differentiate truth and lies, it will accept it and stay in the stupid state. It’s kind of like self-fulfilling prophecy.

Luckily, my parent does not do the same to me. However, there is time when I feel really lousy. Perhaps, I got to use the repetition strategy and shout out “I’m feeling GREAT!” for a few times. Since my subconscious cannot differentiate what is real, it will accept the message and bring my psychological level to “Great” State.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home