My Life Charger...

Monday, February 20, 2006

Ask and You Shall Received... plus Surprise !


This week I got another wonderful newsletter from Jon Gordon on his topic "Unlimited Possibilities". After reading his newsletter, it reminds me the phrase that "Ask and You shall received !"

There was a game I participated in one seminar in town that try to convey a concept of "Ask and You shall received". The game is something like this, everyone in the game must prepared 5 gold coins. Then, each of us keep asking each others "Can i have a dollar please?", and we will keep answering "No." until the7th person that asked us the questions, and answer "Yes", then we'll give him a gold coins . That goes on and on.... for the 10 minutes.

Without our notice, there are 3 persons planted in the game that will ignore to answer us until we asked "Can i have a dollar please?" for more than 3 times, then they will happily give us a gold coins.

At the end of the game, some people get more coins, some get less, some break even. And, everyone of us is exhausted asking the question as fast as possible to get more coins. Then we share among ourselves what we've learn in this game of asking.

Anyway, please enjoy reading the article below by Jon and take a moment to think and feel how we can apply the following the enhanced our lives......


*******************************************

Unlimited Posibilities

Have you ever wanted something but were too afraid to ask for it? You kept quiet only to see the moment slip away... leaving you wondering what could have or would have been if you would have just spoken up. This week I was reminded that when we are bold enough to ask for what we want, amazing and magical things can and do happen.

As I stepped on the Southwest Airlines flight from Phoenix with 5 copies of my book, The-10 Minute Energy Solution, in hand I was filled with the inspiration to ask a flight attendant to give away a copy to one of the passengers who was physically, mentally, and/or emotionally exhausted. I had this idea on previous flights but never took the chance to ask. Now, as I was about to take my seat, a flight attendant walked by and I handed her my book and told her my idea. She laughed with excitement, went to converse with the other flight attendants and after reviewing the book came back to tell me they would do it. About half way though the flight they announced over the loud speaker that I was on board and that since everyone needs more energy including the flight attendants themselves, they were going to have everyone write their name on a napkin and pick a winner.

The plane was buzzing with energy and I decided to give another book away to a passenger and my three remaining copies to the flight attendants. As I was reflecting about how all this was magically unfolding... the magic continued.

The flight attendant came back to tell me that a number of people asked if there were more books because they wanted to buy it right there. And one woman had the flight attendant deliver me a note that said this:

“Jon, I have been looking through your book that you gave the flight attendant and I must say thank you. I’m going to a convention and I had decided I really didn’t want to go. But finding out about your book must be the reason because if I don’t get anything else from this trip it has been $$$ well spent. I will get your book at the book store. Thanks again. Rita.”

And then the magic really happened. One by one the flight attendants came back to talk to me about their issues and challenges and we had the most amazing conversations. I found out one of them had chronic fatigue. Another was emotionally drained because she was always giving her energy away to her family and work instead of nurturing herself and so she was going to use the book and my suggestions to give 10 minutes to herself each day.

The third flight attendant told me of her emotional pain and drain due to losing two children at birth, the strength it took to keep her marriage together and the spiritual journey she has been living ever since. We talked about her natural gift as a writer and how her purpose clearly is to inspire others by sharing her story. She had been suppressing and ignoring her desire to write hoping it would go away but I explained that it’s ultimately what she needs to do to heal and live her purpose. I humbly say that she told me that she felt our meeting and my book were the answers she had been praying for.

What I didn’t get a chance to tell her was that I was the one who was energized most by these amazing series of events. I forgot that my body was a little tired from running around Phoenix and other cities on my book tour. Now, at once, I was renewed and recharged by the magic. I realized none of this would have happened if I didn’t ASK.

When we ask for what we want and are open to the possible, we connect to an unlimited amount of possibilities and meaningful interactions. You never know what can happen when you speak up or decide to take a chance and you never will know unless you do it. So the next time you are filled with inspiration to say and do something to help others or spread a positive message, do it, open the energy pipeline and let the magic happen. Be bold and ask for what you want. Asking ignites the possible and believing in the magic makes it so.

Sending positive energy your way,
-Jon

*******************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home